Latest healthcare marketing jobs at Jack Health
Senior Strategist - Chicago
Chicago, Illinois, United States
**This job is US Remote (must work Central Time hours)**
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As a Senior Strategist with experience in the pharmaceutical industry, you will drive the strategic planning process to deliver on clients’ efforts to launch, align, engage and build business and brands. You are directly responsible for forming the strategic direction and creative briefings to kick off and guide extraordinary agency work. You push the envelope to inspire the development of big ideas, and are a critical, client-facing role. You are accountable for strategy as well as the integrity and measurement of ideas, from start to execution, on RFPs and on live projects.
This strategy role is one of leading and doing. You will develop innovative and effective strategic insights, but also roll up your sleeves in creative reviews, writing briefs, developing communications plans, setting KPIs, and analyzing metrics for program recaps. You are someone who loves to learn and work across pharma and healthcare verticals. Event/experiential background is a plus.
What you’ll be doing
- Build brands and business for accounts by proactively bringing new ideas forward to clients and to Jack teams
- Own strategy development and take responsibility for the Ideas component, throughout pitches or client work, to deliver compelling strategic stories that sell
- Provide sought-after expertise in one or more of our delivery platforms: launch, align, engage and build with understanding and competence in all
Extract Fresh Insights
- Lead strategic design from both quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive a creative foundation, big ideas and brand growth
- Turn data and information into original brand stories/ ideas that excite clients and deliver brand results
- Identify new sources of information that provide teams with trends, market analysis and relevant points of view that will enhance our ability to meet client needs
- Lead the development of a creative brief, articulating key insights and a clear point of view
- Command a presence with senior clients, successfully influencing them to think big
- Participate in speaking engagements to elevate Jack Morton’s visibility in the marketplace
Build Effective Relationships
- Work with creative and account teams to build collaboration and alignment
- Serve as a trusted advisor at senior levels internally and externally
- Culture is important at Jack Morton – exemplifying passion, agility, and respect is the Jack Morton way.
- Train and mentor junior talent to develop future idea leaders
- Participate in the hiring of new team members to build the strategy teams capabilities
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- Bachelor’s degree across various liberal arts and business disciplines; Master’s degree if you want to show off
- 8+ years in a strategic role in a creative agency or management consulting environment
- 8+ years strategic experience developing insights, identifying cultural trends, and inspiring big ideas that travel across channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in healthcare/pharma is required
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or rigorous testing. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.