Latest healthcare marketing jobs at Jack Health
SVP, Director of Client Services, Jack Health US
Chicago, Illinois, United States
***US Remote - Central and Eastern time preferred***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
You are a seasoned account leader that will manage a portfolio of healthcare clients within our specialty practice, Jack Health. You will be responsible for providing strategic guidance to Account Directors across the agency’s pillar healthcare accounts with the goal of organically growing and diversifying our healthcare business.
You will partner closely with the Head of Jack Health US to elevate our healthcare offering and will have direct oversight for several key Chicago-based healthcare client relationships in addition to playing a broader, strategic client service role for our Jack Health US practice. You’ll have enthusiasm for the broad and dynamic healthcare vertical, the experiential space and experience growing large pieces of business (especially across business units and world regions).
You’re able to build relationships, add value and gain alignment from various stakeholders at all levels. You’ll be focused on supporting our US-based healthcare business (most active in Chicago, Boston and New York), while acting as an executive-level advisor across all markets.
You are you, and we would have it no other way.
What you’ll be doing
Accelerate the organic growth of newly won and established healthcare accounts across the US markets through executive-level strategic planning and account stewardship (as a partner to the hands-on, day-to-day AD and the market MD). In addition to growth strategies that you will bring to the table, you’ll drive results via these areas:
- Chicago Account Leader. Direct oversight of the agency’s largest healthcare account team and client (based in Chicago). Act as partner to day-to-day account lead, bolstering leadership of that key player and providing both air cover and escalation as needed. Participate in Chicago SLT to represent the needs/interests of this critical client relationship.
- Management: Per the above, direct management of the Account leads on Chicago-based healthcare accounts with responsibility to coach and develop client service team. You will serve as a partner and advisor to the account leads in Boston and New York, where Head of Jack Health US acts as executive sponsor.
- Extraordinary work: As a JH leader, define and implement client management practices to drive creativity and ‘extraordinary’ experience design within healthcare business; consult on talent- and skill- gaps across disciplines, and co-create strategies to up-level the work where it could be pushed to a higher level – especially to organically grow our client relationships.
- Steward for growth: At the US market-level, partner with the heads of Client Service and relationship leads on healthcare business to both build and deploy action-oriented growth / account plans to increase revenue, expand relationships and broaden our offering mix with newly won and high growth accounts. Orchestrate outreach or involvement from Genuine / IPG / DxTRA / E-Team contacts who may help catalyze client growth.
- SME for Team Structure: As a partner to the Head of JH US and the Head of Partnerships + Growth, act as the Client Services SME for our largest new business pursuits and wins; represent the discipline in pitches and help to inform the optimal team structure within the realities of budget, staff, and freelance confines.
- Stabilize through change. Given both the pandemic and the extensive, rapid growth of Jack Health, you will be solution-minded and able to ‘lead (the market team) by influence’ to help stabilize accounts that may experience change. Help to recruit or retain talent, address systemic issues, onboard team members or work, navigate escalations and align to the unique needs of each market.
- Multi-Discipline Mindset: We openly endorse that our discipline leads will often have more than one capability. A strategist who also writes. A production lead who leads an account. This model serves us well but requires sophisticated thinking and endorsement /alignment with the local markets.
- Measurement and Recognition: Responsible for tracking and periodic reporting on overall client satisfaction across multiple key US healthcare accounts; partner with Directors of Client Service and local ADs to define and delivering SLA’s and relevant KPI’s / ROI. Leverage these metrics to also help craft internal and external award submissions for Jack Health, and to improve overall the quality of these submissions.
- Financial and RE Planning: Partner with the Head of Jack Health US and market leadership teams to inform the quarterly planning cycle for existing accounts. Act as conduit with US ADs on healthcare accounts to capture revenue swings / changing needs that warrant an aggregated review in the RE process. Use this insight to help advocate for specialty resources / 1Jack solves on behalf of account teams.
- A visible Jack Health Leader in the market: Actively contribute to thought Leadership pieces (on average two per quarter); play a key role in attracting new clients and talent to Jack Health by your visibility on LinkedIn and other outlets; pursue speaking roles / workshops at HCEA, LTEN, EMS and other relevant programs.
- Equal Opportunity: Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan
- Highly competent leadership in complex situations, and matrixed reporting structures
- Proven track record of successfully sustaining and growing client business
- At ease in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable operating within complex organizational structures and working across disciplines to facilitate and enable team effectiveness
- A track record of leading and developing teams
- Ability to manage and deliver on short-term objectives and stay focused on long-term goals
- Encourage and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- Minimum of 10 years working within the experiential industry including some focus on healthcare, health tech, and work in other rapidly changing and / or regulated industries
- An active connector and networker with strong knowledge and relationships within the industry
- Familiarity with the commercial sales / launch process for pharmaceuticals strongly preferred
- History of building, nurturing, and maintaining key relationships and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or rigorous testing. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.